Friday, July 10, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

We had a busy and fun Fourth of July. There were balloons, camping and fireworks galore and not to mention all of my patriotic music that I play in the car and in the house, to the enjoyment of everyone else as well, i'm sure.
Thursday morning we got up at 6 am and went and saw the hot air balloons. Audrey wasn't too keen on being up that early, but I think by the end with the promise of breakfast in her mind, she was having a better time.

Steven wasn't able to go with us last year, because he was still working super early. We were glad he was able to go this year though, especially since Audrey only wanted to be carried.


Honest Abe was even able to make it this year.


Watching them fill up the balloons, I don't think this is the job that I would want.


We went camping with Kenny and Britani and her sister and brother in law. When I say we, I mean Steven and Audrey. I went up for the day, had dinner and drove back home to sleep in a bed, then drove back up in the morning. Luckily this is only 15 minutes from our house!

There were caterpillars EVERYWHERE, Audrey is really into bugs right now and loved it.


Audrey getting ready to go to sleep in the tent. She had a blast and only had minor injuries from being knocked over by a dog when I got back in the morning. Did you know that you can bruise the back of your ear? I sure didn't.


We went and staked out our spot for the fireworks and got a great spot. Audrey wasn't afraid of the sparklers this year, but she still didn't like the fireworks. They were too loud and burned her eyes she said, whatever that means. She hid under the blanket while they were going off.




Hope everyone else had a spectacular fourth as well!


1 comment:

The Meador Family said...

I'm glad to see that you guys had a great 4th of July. It looks like it was a lot of fun.